This was the first year ever that we've not spent Thanksgiving with family having a traditional dinner. This year Jeremy and I spent the day in Dallas at the Cowboy's vs Jet's game. The kids spent the day and weekend with their cousins having a blast without their parents being able to ride a horse everyday. I don't think they missed us at all. It was a nice little break for all of us I think. (Thanks again Ryan and Courtney for taking care of our abandoned kids.) I flew down to meet Jeremy on Wed. night. He was already there working. Thurs. we woke up and went to the game. It was freezing cold there. I was not prepared for 30 and 40 degree weather. At the game we bought a blanket and a few cups of hot chocolate to help keep us warm from the snow that was falling during the game, since all I brought was a couple of sweaters. Pretty Crazy!! Afterwards we went to TGI Fridays, one of the few places that was open, for a non traditional dinner. It was a little sad not to be with family, but nice to be doing something different and having a little mini vacation. That night Jeremy had to be at one of his stores at 1 am to help out, so he did that while I slept and then he came back and slept while I went shopping. (Fun for me!) We came back home Sat. evening, back to life and reality. It was definitely a Thanksgiving like we've never had before.
Oh Yah, I almost forgot the most important part of the game. The Cowboy's won!!! Jeremy's a Jet's fan and I'm a Cowboy's fan. We got quite a few looks at the game with Jeremy in his Jet's jacket and me in my Cowboy's hat, together. I don't think there was any other couple there like us. Ha Ha.


3 comments:
Wow! I love it! You make me feel so traditional! Looks like it was an awesome time! Glad you guys got to go on such a fun trip by YOURSELVES!
I have ALWAYS wanted to do something crazy and totally non-traditional like this on Thanksgiving! I'm glad you guys had a good time!
How absolutely fun. I am also a cowboys fan, so way glad they won. I have never been to an NFL game. Would love to do that someday soon. I am glad you had a great time. I think it's great to do something different from time to time. It's keeps us young!
Post a Comment