CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy 60th B-Day Mom!

This last weekend my brother and sisters and I flew to Washington to surprise my mom for her 60th b-day, Nov. 2nd. We flew in on the 31st and stayed til Mon. the 3rd. She had no idea we were coming. We showed up at their door dressed as ghosts for Halloween. They never get trick or treaters, they live on a gated street. So we show up and say trick or treat. She looks at us a little funny and then says "ok, let me get some candy", a little perplexed. JJ pushed me inside, so we all went in and she looked back and said "Did I ask you come in?" Ryan kept saying trick or treat in funny voices that made us all laugh and it gave us away. So it was quite a shock. We thought it was going to be a little obvious with the guess who signs and Ryan and Marnie wrote ghost of 73 and 69, their birth years. But she said she didn't even notice the signs or that there was 5 of us. So, so funny. Notice Ryan is carrying a tiny little pumpkin for his treat bucket. He thinks he's hilarious, in which most cases he is. (The other night after our trip I was watching Seinfeld and realized that Ryan is the Jerry Seinfeld in our family. Always making us laugh.) We took her out to dinner to Salty's, of course a seafood restaurant, on the Puget Sound. So beautiful.

We made a book with pictures of us as babies and then growing up as a family and we each wrote memories about her. One of the highlights of the trip was seeing her face reading the book. She loved it.

Our candle light dinner. We each ate a 3 course dinner. Yum Yum Yum.

On the dock outside the restaurant. What a cute family. We love hanging out as adults.

What a cute couple!!

Me and my Mom. I love you!!!
(I discovered after the book that we don't have very many pictures of just the 2 of us together, so from now on every time we are together I'm going to make sure we get one.)


3 comments:

MaKey and Poppa

I am still laughing ;-) Ryan IS our Jerry Seinfeld. Where would this family be if it wasn't for Ryan!! I'll say it again I'm so blessed to have 5 adult children that love each other and their parents and we ALL ENJOY being together and have such fun times!! Can't wait to go shopping with you in a few days and spending Thanksgiving together!! Where do you want to go for your B-day dinner? Ryan do you and your family want to meet us for dinner for Alysa's B-day and then I will go home with your family! Who is picking me up at the airport? How should we work this out? This all happening the night before you leave on your cruise!!

Lindsay and Mike

How fun! That is awesome that you guys surprised her! I love it!

Mar and Koki

What an awesome surprise! That's pretty funny you all walked into her house and she had no clue it was you guys. Can you imagine kids walking into your house? Funny stuff,