CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 8, 2009

Our new adventure

We've had a lot happen lately and I stop blogging 'cause I don't know where to start. So the latest exciting news is that we are moving. Jeremy got a job offer about a month ago to manage a Pro Image store. It's in Marysville, Wa. We are very excited for the new adventure. To preface all this Jeremy lost his Fanzz job in Jan. which really sucked and shocked us. You just never think It'll happen to you, well it did. So he was on the hunt for a new job immediately. 3 days later he was hired to be Branch Manager for US Bank at the Smith's just down the road from us. He has no banking experience, but 9 years of management experience. We were just so grateful he had a job and that he found one so quick. He enjoyed it at first learning and being trained by them. But it's just not for him. So a month ago a guy that used to work for Fanzz, but now Pro Image, called and asked if he'd be interested. And of course he was. They got together a couple times to talk and discuss the deal. Well it was finalized a few weeks ago. So here we go. We put our house up for sale this week. So this really is happening. Some days feel like a daze, when there's so much to think about yet you can't think at all. That's how I've felt lately. My last day as a teacher's aid at the school was today so that I can concentrate on packing and getting everything ready to go. We'll be outta here on the 30th. They want Jeremy to start on June 1st. They have to get the store set up and get people hired. It's at an outlet mall 40 miles north of Seattle called Seattle Premium Outlets.


My parents live in Olympia, which will be a couple hours away. On my Dad's 60th birthday they drove up to a tulip festival and on the way they stopped to see the store where Jeremy will be and took pictures for us. So here it is. Here is the beautiful city we will be visiting often.

And the tulip festival that is about 20 miles north of Marysville.

It's going to be so different than our life here in Utah. We've loved it so much here. It's where we started our married life and our family 10 years ago. It's hard to picture anything else than what we know. But yet we are ready to start over and make a new chapter in our families adventures. We are going to be hoping for visitors as much as possible. hint hint. So that we don't get too home sick from our friends and family here in Utah.
So wish us luck and thank goodness for blogs and facebook to keep in touch. It's a tearful goodbye yet happy homecoming to be close to my parents and sister and her family who are only a couple hours away as well.
A couple weeks ago Maryjane came in my room to talk to me and this was before we knew for sure that we were moving and she said "Mom, if we move I want to change my name to Chloe. I don't want to be Maryjane anymore." So I guess for her moving to a new place means changing her name too. So when I told her I don't think so, she just wants it to be her middle name then. She's always trying to convince me to change her name and call her something different. Her favorite names are Chloe, Emma, and Lily, which are also the names she uses for her dolls. Oh my precious girl. Love her to pieces.

6 comments:

Nelson & Valerie Cluff

Alyssa, I am so excited for you,I know it will be scary. Because we are finally moving to Texas the second week of June. Near my family...so I am excited and sad too...exactly the same. :) Good luck. My brother in law lives in Sammamish...so if we ever come visit, I'll call you. ;)

Sara

Congrat's! How scary and exciting all at the same time! It takes awhile to adjust but being near family makes it all worth it! Good Luck!

MaKey and Poppa

Ma-key & Poppa are so excited! We can't wait! You know the song Better Together by Jack Johnson...we are going to have fun together & I can't wait to see you & help you get settled. You are going to love the Pacific Northwest and we will all walk and explore the ocean beaches and mountains together and spend lots of time on the old homestead! It's my turn the spoil my kids (ALL of You)!!!

Kailey

I SOOOOOOO can NOT wait! I've missed my Lysa, and Jeremy too! And I see you found a great pic of the city, but you are welcome to lift pictures off my blog anytime. Love ya!!!

Courtney

We are excited for your new adventure. I love change!!! We need to pick a day that works for both of our families to have you over one last time before you leave. Even though we don't see each other very often the kids were still sad to hear you were leaving.

Unknown

I am so excited for you guys. That will be a good experience. I am just sad that I didn't get to know you better while you lived here.