CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Not so freaky friday.

My birthday was on Fri. the 13th this year. Good thing I'm not superstitious. It only makes it that much more fun, in my book. It ended up being a much better day than I anticipated.

We first celebrated a couple days early with my parents at PF Changs. Oh yes... my love for chinese hasn't changed since I was probably 10. When PF Changs came to Salt Lake it was like heaven. Jeremy always knew to take me there on special occasions to win brownie points. My heart is easily won over by good food. It's so much better than flowers. So when we moved here we discovered they had one nearby at the Alderwood Mall only 20 min. away. They also have a Macaroni Grill. This is a big deal people. Moving from Utah, the capital of good restaurants, to here, where they have a few, was a little tragic. Especially when that is our favorite thing to do on date nights is go out to eat. Any way eating at PF Changs was a highlight and a treat. Thanks mom and dad.

The day of my birthday a friend asked me to meet her at Michaels, and I gladly did, not having any plans anyway. She and 2 other friends showed up and surprised me and took me out to lunch. Wow, I was really surprised, no one has ever done that for me before. I'm so thankful to have these new friends in my life right now. They have made the transition from moving away from my Utah friends a little easier. I sure have missed them a ton. So we had a great lunch at Red Robin, another one of my favorites. The Banzai burger is the best. If I would have known I would have taken my camera for a picture to add here. When we first moved here we went there for dinner and asked for fry sauce and the server just stared at us. She had no clue what we were talking about. So we described it to her. They call their version camp fire sauce. Good to know, won't forget that one for next time.

Then that night I was feeling like seafood. Even though I was still full from lunch Jeremy wanted to take me out to a nice dinner. We had been told about a really nice place in Arlington called The Bistro. So Jeremy called and they happened to have a table for us, so we hurried over. It was a really nice place. There was only 10 tables in the whole place and only 2 servers, and candles everywhere. The kitchen was right in the open which was fun to watch the flames rise. We warned the kids before we got there that they had to be on their BEST behavior, we had a feeling they would be the only kids there, and they were. A guy greeted us by name when we entered and soon found out that he and the chef were the owners. They were so extremely nice and welcomed us like we already knew them. We ordered 2 steak and lobsters to share between Jeremy and I and George and Mason. And well MJ didn't want anything so she got a fruit and cheese plate which she loved, thank goodness. We splurged just a little, and it was sooo worth it. We turned down the dessert, but then after Jeremy paid, the chef sent over a piece of cake layered with different fruits and cream. It was so nice of him. Maryjane told them it was my birthday, so then they made a big deal about it. Anyways it was a great night. The kids were unusually well behaved which helps so much. It makes or brakes everything we do.

So the day started out just like any ole day, but turned out to be very special, with good memories now to remember my 33rd birthday. And now you all know how much I love food. Since that's all I pretty much wrote about this whole time. haha. I know I'm a dork. And even though it was Fri. the 13th nothing but good things happened.

2 comments:

Lindsay and Mike

Happy (belated) birthday! So glad you had a good one! I'm with you on the food thing...best thing ever is to go out to eat with good company! :)

Rachel

Happy late birthday to you! I think you had a great birthday. Good food always makes a day better! Mmmm PF Changs is my favorite too! I am glad to hear you are settling in and everything is going so well!