CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 7, 2010

Vancouver Temple


We got the chance to got to the Vancouver Temple's open house a couple weeks ago. I was so excited to take the kids and show them the inside and how beautiful it is. Jeremy got off work early and I checked the kids out of school a little early so we could take our time and not be rushed. Unfortunately it rained the whole time we were there. It wasn't suppose to, but it did. I was hoping to walk around the outside and get pictures, but that didn't happen. I got a few pictures from the car instead.



The temple actually is not in Vancouver, it's in a town called Langley which is only 80 miles from our house. So not too far away.



Waiting for the shuttle to take us back to our car down the road at a church. MJ decided to hide and not be in the picture.

I think the kids favorite part was the baptismal font with the 12 oxen. In Primary we've been learning about the 12 tribes of Israel and the blessings promised to Abraham's posterity if they remain faithful, so they got to understand the symbolism of it. And they also liked the mirrors in the sealing room. When you look in them you can see for eternity, never ending, just like our marriage and family.

I hope they remember the way they felt while in there and how special of a place the temple is and will look forward to going back when they're older.