CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Jeremy's Bday / Scout Camp

Last Thurs was Jeremy's bday. He is now 33 and we will be the same age for the next 4 months. We went to Seattle with our really good friends the Jensen's. They had never been to the Crab Pot and had been wanting to go, so they were excited to go there, (well Robin was, her husband Digger doesn't like seafood.) It was yummy yummy to those of us do like it.


We hung out on the pier for a while taking pictures afterwards, but once the sun goes down in Seattle, all the crazies come out and you just know when it's time to go home. We always end up having talks in the car about why there are so many crazies and the kids have lots of questions. A good learning experience, if you look at it that way.
The week before his bday we went to a Yankees/Mariners game and made that part of his birthday too. We had never been to a Yankees game before, so thanks to Jeremy's bosses for giving us the tickets for the family. It was a really hot day, but once the sun went behind the stadium it was perfect. Wish I would have had my camera. I took pics with my phone, but I don't have a cable to upload to the computer, so out of luck until either I buy a cable or buy new camera. We all had on our Yankees stuff except for Jeremy who was wearing his Mariners hat. Just a slightly disfunctional family.


Last week mon.-thurs. the boys had scout camp. I was looking forward to a week of quiet and less fighting, with the boys gone and it being just me and MJ. But then I got a phone call mon. after I dropped the boys off and one of the leaders in our ward needed a partner to help her for 2 days, wed. and thurs, so of course I said yes, I really didn't have anything planned anyways. But I'm glad I did it. It was a lot of fun. The other leader and I were in charge of one of the stations that the dens take turns going to throughout the day. And ours was an obstacle course on the 2 days I was there. And even MJ was able to come with me. She was in the tag-a-long group, ages baby-7yrs. And she had YW girls that took care of them as their leaders. She even got to participate in a lot of the same things the boys did, so she loved being there and had a great time. I'm sure next year she's going to want to go again. So maybe I'll volunteer and do what I did this time and help out for just 2 days. That way you don't get so burned out. By the end of the week all the den leaders are worn out and tired, and I don't blame them, it's hard to be in charge of a group of boys for that long.

I stole these pictures from the other leader's facebook photos. She was taking pictures with her phone. Her son and George were in the same den together so I got a picture of him too.


On the last day during lunch the firetruck and ambulance came for the kids to see and climb around on, at least that's what the kids think they are there for.



I think this picture is hilarious. I really was having a good time, but by the looks of it you'd never have guessed it. I must have been thinking of something not so fun. Who knows. I'm good at just staring.


Needless to say it was a busy week, and glad to have a less busy week coming up. MJ's actually leaving us for the week and going home with MaKey and Poppa to Olympia. They'll be here tonight to pick her up. So we'll definitely be having a quiet week. Yes, she will be missed, but maybe not til Wed. (haha I keep changing the day later and later in the week, I put Tue. at first) And do you think she'll miss us? Heck no. She's been looking forward to this for a couple weeks and she knows how much she'll be spoiled by her MaKey, giving in to anything and everything she wants. Good luck with that MaKey!!  Mom = No, MaKey = Yes. This formula she figured out years ago. Have Fun. See ya in a week my sweet girl. I will miss the cuddles.

1 comments:

Lindsay and Mike

Haha! Love that picture of you. You just look deep in thought...that's all.