I got all these pictures from Facebook. They're all pictures I wish I would have taken to remember the whole experience by. It's so fun to look at them and remember all the emotions I felt through out the race.
This is the Expo:
Lots of booths to look at and tempt us. There was just too many cool things and not enough money darn it. Each of us did buy a really cool fanny pack kind of thing, and then I bought a sticker to put on my car that says "13.1 Been there Run that". I finally took off my In N Out sticker, it was looking pretty sad, and replaced it.
Running through a neighborhood in Tukwila:
There were people and families sitting in there front yards cheering everyone on as if the race was a parade. There were also bands playing about every mile and also cheerleaders from local high schools cheering for everyone.
Next to Lake Washington:
My favorite part! The lake is really big, so we were next to it for a long time. It was just so beautiful that I enjoyed all the scenery, taking it all in. The homes next to the lake are amazing, loved looking at them too. Having so much scenery to enjoy helped make the race go by faster too and more fun.
There was even a bald eagle. Glad that some one else stopped to get the picture, I debated whether to or not, but didn't. I had momentum going and didn't want to ruin it. (We've seen more bald eagles living here the last year than I have my whole life. They are every where here in the PNW. Just last night we saw one fly right in front of us then over our car as were driving home from the beach on Camano Island. It was a "Whoa" kind of experience.)
The Tunnel:
The tunnel really was a surreal experience. There was music being played in the tunnel and it just echoed through out the whole thing and you could feel it inside your body. It's hard to describe how cool it was.
The End after the Finish Line:
There was massive amounts of people as you can see.
A close up of the the medal:
It's big and heavy and just plain cool, symbolizing all that we accomplished.I love having all these other pictures to add to the ones I took. I feel more complete now. haha









2 comments:
that is so cool, i want to do it next year!
Hey, a sister from my mission lives in Everett right my you, she wants to run the race too, i am going to get her home address and see how close you two are, maybe you can run together, she's awesome, she was one of the older sisters in the mission, her Dad was a Religion teacher at Ricks, Brother David Christensen.
Have a great day!
How exciting to see more pictures of the run! 13.1 miles what a great accomplishment~I'm sure it gives you a feeling of soaring like an eagle! Freedom to enjoy the peace & beauty of your healthy body & the beautiful world in which we live here in the Pacific Northwest!! I am so proud of you! I hope you do it again & again! Love ya, Mom :o)
Post a Comment