Our precious baby girl turned 7 today. Man time flies when you're having fun. Where did the time go? Before I know it she'll be in High School, then college, then married, then ..... ok stop, I have to enjoy the moment. Every little one, good and bad and appreciate all that she brings into our lives. She's just growing up into such a sweet, beautiful girl.
A saying I saw on a blog the other day, struck a chord -
"The days are long but the years are short"
It's so true.
Today consisted of 3 requests...
The day began with breakfast in bed.
All she wanted was toast. I was willing to make anything, but she made it easy on me.
Request #2:
A little party.
She invited 2 friends over, Julia and Brayden, and we went to McDonalds for lunch and a little play time.
Went home and opened presents, which I happend to not get any pictures of, darn it. She got a lot of clothes which is what she needed. With her birthday so close to school starting, it's the perfect gift. And I'm afraid it will probably never change. Thank you to all the grandparents for the gifts.
We made homemade ice cream in the baggies to go with the cake. I thought it would be easy and a fun little activity. Well it was a little hard to get them to shake and keep moving the bags long enought to get the ice cream hardened because it was so cold. It was a great attempt though. Brayden's actually turned out pretty good and Julia's I started over with new ice and rock salt and it worked too.
MJ shared the candles and they each took turns putting them on the cake.
"Happy Birthday to You"
Hopefully many wishes will come true.
The ice cream melted really fast. Had to eat it quick.
We brought home the rice activity from Marnie's last weekend when we were there. So we got it out to play with at the end of the party. It's surprisingly entertaining. It's like an indoor sand box. They didn't get to play with it for too long though before they had to go home. The 3 hours they were over sure went by fast. I thought it was going to be plenty, but they could have played for 3 more. And honestly I wouldn't have minded, they were so good and having a really good time.
A pathetic attempt of a smile, silly girl.
Such cute friends. They had such a fun time.
Not bad for a last minute party. I feel like such a lame mom most of the time, so I'll just pretend I had all this planned ahead of time.
Request #3:
A movie.
She wanted to go see Eclipse.
The boys would have rather seen Toy Story3 or Despicable Me, but it wasn't up to them.
I had heard it was good and she had seen the first 2 movies and they were pretty innocent...well maybe we should have previewed this one before we took the whole family to see it. There sure was a lot of kissing. Kept telling them to close their eyes and laughing about it rather than making it big deal. The action scenes were pretty intense, which they handle those really well, and overall it was a really good movie. Just maybe next time we'll be better about previewing movies before we take the kids.
When we got home Sharkboy and Lavagirl was on Disney channel, which she just had to watch. (Taylor Lautner plays sharkboy in his younger years, he's changed quite a bit since then.) I think MJ is Team Jacob. She worries me sometimes, wanting to be a teenager already.
What a girl.
Love you little missy!
Hope you had a fun birthday.


6 comments:
Happy Birthday Pretty Girl! Looks like you had a FUN DAY! Busy, Busy! Turned Seven, but feels like she turned Seventeen! Enjoy those days Mommy because the years do go by sooooooooo very fast! I can't believe it is Thursday & we are headed back to Wenatchee!
Happy, Happy Birthday MJ
A perfect b-day for a great girl!
Penny liked looking at the pictures too, she misses MJ and had a great time playing with her.
ps funny shirt Jeremy's wearing
Happy b-day cute MJ!
Happy Birthday Maryjane!!! One more year and we'll have an excuse to drive to Seattle for a visit and baptism.
Loved all the pics. Ryan's gone tonight on a scout campout, so I plan to work on our blog... I just need to block out all the other "stuff" to do and focus on it.
We were just talking about how much we like your family. You guys are missed!
Post a Comment