CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 6, 2010

{ Randomness }

I signed up for Bountiful Baskets last week for the first time and got all this for $15...


It's a co-op and you can see if it's in your area at http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/. I think I love eating and enjoying all of it more because I didn't even have to shop for it at the store. You just show up and show them your receipt, then fill your own basket or big bag and take it home. You don't get to pick what they give you, but it's always a good mix of veggies and fruits. We have a pick up location just down the road in Arlington, conveniently. And there's enough that I think it'll last for at least 2 weeks. You can buy every week, but my family won't go through it that fast. So cool. I'm trying to be a better about having more healthy options around for snacks and meals and with doing it this way it's cheap and stocks up our fruit bowl and fridge. Yum. Gotta check it out to see if there's one near you.



~♥~    Two of my favorites   ~♥~


Playing with the camera:

Yesterday I was playing with a camera that Dad let me borrow. I was trying to figure out how to make things out of focus that are around what you are focusing on, the aperture setting.  These are the few that turned out out of the 50 pictures I probably took. And as you can see Mj and Mason made a nice mess after church, but made for a great practice session for me as I was sitting around playing with the camera settings.






















Not the greatest, but a fun start. I've been wanting a camera that can do this, but making due with what I've got for now.


Happy Labor Day!

4 comments:

Lindsay and Mike

All that produce looks so yummy! With this pregnancy, I've been craving fruits and veggies, so the picture made me VERY hungry!

Staci Rocha

We have a bountiful harvest here too. Maybe next year i'll do it, i think it's a great idea.

That's cool to have a new camera to play with :) I like that affect with a blurry background.

MaKey and Poppa

LOVE ALL the pictures! WOW! The fruit Basket what a wonderful assortment! The farmers do these baskets at Dad's place at work! We chose not to do it cause we just enjoy our own little harvest on the Homestead!!! Love the picture of George & Jeter! That's my favorite!!!!

Jennifer

That's funny, I just signed up for Bountiful Baskets today and my order will here on Sat. And it is actually coming to good ole' Pang town! My friends all really like it and it's something you can get all year round! I'm excited to try it out! Good luck with experimenting with the camera - have fun!