My sister is staying with us this weekend and we decided to teach eachother a craft project. She has gotten into sewing and made a darling shirt and pants for her 2 yr old. She said should could show me how and of course I'm all for that. I chose to make the shirt but turned it into a dress instead. So we went and picked out fabric and chose 4th of July fabric. It turned out so cute. I'm very excited to have learned this pattern, except there was no pattern, you just measure and sew, which is even better. I've always thought I would be a mom to make dresses and outfits for my kids, but until this date I haven't done it. I'm always inspired by Martha Stewart, but never carry it out. So thanks to my sister I finally made MJ a dress. And it won't be the last. It was too easy and it's so dang cute. I'm excited to go back and pick out some fabric to make a summer dress, but that's the hard part is picking out the fabric. Too many cute choices. They have the cutest fabrics these days. She wore it to church today, it's fun to see her wear something I actually made. I'm still in shock I made it. So just wait and see what comes next.
12 years ago


5 comments:
Oh my, GOOD JOB!! MJ looks so mature in her smile and posture WHEN DID SHE GROW UP???? Really a good job on the sewing. I'm excited for you! MOM :o)
Dad just said How dare those kids grow up on us! Tell them to knock it off! Dad also said she looks just like her mom! She really does!!
I noticed how cute that dress was in Sacrament Meeting. I'm impressed with your craftiness. Way to go!
Maybe that could be the next "Small Saturday" project. Don't you think my boys would look darling in one? Ha ha!
Hi, I found your blog through Lindsay's. That is the cutest dress ever!! You'll need to teach us ladies how to do that as well. You're so talented.
I love that dress...you are so darn talented! She looks adorable...as usual! Great job!
Post a Comment