CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 13, 2009

Itch to Stitch

So I've had this urge to sew something lately, but it's kinda hard when your moving and your sewing machine is still in a box. Well a couple weeks ago in Wenatchee my sister Marnie mentioned she wanted to make a purse. "No way, me too!!" I just hadn't found a pattern that I really liked yet. Well going through my mom's magazines, I found a cute purse in Martha Stewart's Living magazine, it had a picture of the purse and of the pattern and the website to go to to get it. I thought maybe it would be a free download, 'cause that happens sometimes, well it wasn't free. So I decided to free hand the pattern myself, easy enough right? It was an easy pattern, but putting it together we weren't sure about. Well after a couple hours, and with Preston's help, we came up with this:



Not so bad, right? The next one I want to make a little longer. I like the width though. I've never made a purse or a purse with lining for that matter. It was fun. Marnie and I had a good time. Her purse you can see in an earlier post, 4th of July, it's on her shoulder made of a red and white flower print, very cute.

A few weeks ago I discoverd a new sewing website. It's http://www.modabakeshop.com/ . It has the funnest and cutest ideas. Step by step instructions with lots of pictures. If you like to sew you have to check it out. I don't know how it took me so long to find it. I love, love moda fabrics, they're my all time favorite.

I'm hoping this summer I can get some fun projects done. I just need to set up my sewing machine and get at it.

4 comments:

Staci Rocha

We must be related because i think i might have been eying the same thing from Martha Stewart's magazine. Was it the July issue that had sugar cookie spoons on the front cover. When i was looking at the magazine i even wrote down the link for a purse made out of fat quarters. Your purse turned out great and i love the print. My favorite fabric prints are from Amy butler! We don't have a fabric store around here like the one you had in Lehi, i wish! Your so good at doing craft projects, i find lots of ideas but never do any :)

Have a good day!

Have you seen the latest pictures of my chubby baby :) ?

Rachel

That is ADORABLE! I love your fabric too! I am so impressed that you came up with your own pattern. I am not talented in that department at all! Great job!!

MaKey and Poppa

Good job Lysie Annie!!! I love the look of the purse hanging on your green chair and the curtains are hang with accessories around! You have been busy! Mom is in Olympia with dad I drove over this morning to celebrate our 41 anniversary after dad & I get our haircuts done around 5pm then it is off to Red Lobster for dinner! I plan to go back to Wenatchee Tuesday & clean things up and continue the watering after the horrific wind storm we had Sunday! Thinking of you, Love ya, Mom PS I just got a really nice email from Emily Durr updating us all on her family!!! She would love to hear from all of you find her on my friend list on FB!

Paul/Heather

You are so talented! I want to be you when I grow up. :)