
last week george was able to go to scout camp. he had such a good time. i found out about it the day before, but filled out papers sunday night and took him monday morning. they had 1 t-shirt left. the camp was from monday thru thursday, 9am til 3:30. he brought something new home each day that he made. his favorite was a treasure chest, not pictured, he also made a cricket house, a gum ball machine and a marshmellow gun. i'm so glad he got to go. he made lots of new friends.

the camp was in someones backyard, basically. they own around 20 acres and allow them to have the camp there. it was fun to drive george everyday and drive by the house.

when you enter their property, thru a huge purple gate i might add, you see their barn. the biggest barn i've ever seen.

this is their drive way. i love the hanging flower baskets on every lamp post. (don't mind the crack in our windsheild)

and this is part of the house. there's more to it, but i didn't want to stop and look like a rubber necker who's never seen a big house before. but it was so beautiful i couldn't not take pictures of it. and i wanted to share it. i was going to carpool, but decided not to 'cause 1. it made me get out of bed in the morning and 2. i wanted to drive by this house everyday. it was a highlight of my week. i know i'm a nerd.
on the last day the parents came for the last hour and all the kids performed a skit in there different groups. really cute. i'm so glad george was able to go do this. now mason is excited for his turn next year to go with him.
3 comments:
Poppa will be so proud to see he has a grandson being involved in scouting!!! It looks George had a lot fun!!! WOW what a dream home & I loved the hanging baskets too especially on the light posts!
How did they get permission to have scout camp at my vacation home?? That is a beautiful place, I don't blame you for wanting to drive him everyday! By the way a couple of neighbors are throwing me a shower if you want to make a trip out on August 13th your invited!!! I know you can't but I thought I would through it out there! Hope all is well!
Hey! I just got caught up on your blog! For some reason, my blog reader won't let me add your blog to my list, so I don't get notifications when you update. Anyway, just got thinking about you today & thought "I need to check her blog." It looks like you guys are doing great! I miss you!
Post a Comment