CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

6 Candles for the Birthday Girl

6 years ago I was given a beautiful baby girl. The minute I found out I was pregnant with her I new she was a girl. I always thought I would be so girly with her with the bows and dresses, but she had other plans. Her strong will determines when those bows and dresses come in to play. Some days she is very girly and sweet and other days she is the tough 'n rough sister. She knows how to stand on her own, and she's been that way from day 1. Oh how we love our "precious" MJ. Every day's an adventure with her. Lots of learning experiences for her dear ole mom to learn from and hopefully prepare for, when she inevitably becomes a teenager. Heaven help me!


I was planning on making her a barbie/princess cake like last year with a different dress, but the day before her birthday she said she wanted a polly pocket cake. So we improvised. It's more like a polly pocket cupcake.


But cute none the less, just like our birthday girl.


I put a little 6 on her dress so we could remember which birthday year it was down the road.




The morning of her birthday she woke up and it was like c-mas. She couldn't wait to open all her presents, so I let her. Why not, it's her birthday and she gets special birthday privileges. She was pretty excited.
She had a lot of money to spend too, so we went shopping of course. What girl doesn't like to shop, especially in this house. I've taught her well unfortunately. She also has expensive taste, just like her mom, which is not good. I tell ya I'm in for it.


And then when dad got home we went to the movies to see Aliens in the Attic. The kids liked it. It was an ok movie, a little cheesy.
So all in all, I think she had a pretty good day.
Happy Birthday Janie.
6 years down.

2 comments:

Lindsay and Mike

She's such a cute girl! Happy b-day MJ!!!

MaKey and Poppa

Poppa & I love our Stylin California Girl! Why do I call her this I do not know...she's a carbon copy of her mother...expensive taste & knowing what looks good & what does not...same temperment as her Mother & this is payback to Alysa for everything she put her mother thru...Good Luck in the teenage years!!!! Mommy you turned out GREAT so there is hope for our precious Maryjane!