CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Cougar Pride

So far George's team is undefeated. They are playing really well. The scores have been: 36-6, 28-0, 32-0, 25-6, and 28-0 with 3 more games to go. It's almost unfair to the other teams that they are winning by so much. It sure has built our teams' confidence though. Last week George caught his first pass. The QB  had never thrown to him during a game before. They changed things up and he got a chance to receive. It was so fun to watch. Jeremy was even able to make it to the first part of the game and see it before he had to leave for work.


This was a home game. We play behind the HS, they won't let us play on the HS field 'cause they think it will run down the grass too much. Notice all the trees and the barn :) There a barns everywhere around us. I love it, one of my favorite things about living here. One of these days I want to go out and take pictures of just the barns.

At the end of every practice and every game all the players get in a huddle and the coaches talk to them, but when they are done they yell, at the top of their lungs I might add, the Cougar Pledge. I think it's pretty cool.

I came today,
To play the game,
The game I'll always remember.

I believe in myself,
I believe in my teammates,
I'll play fair and strive to win,
But win or lose I'll always do my best.
For I am a Cougar and I am a Champion.

WHAT ARE YOU???
I'M A CHAMPION

WHAT ARE YOU???
I'M A CHAMPION

WHAT ARE YOU???
I'M A CHAMPION

1-2-3 COUGARS!!!!

The kids each take turns leading the team in yelling it and the rest of the team repeats what they say, line by line. Even George has led the pledge, which I'm proud of him for doing. I love watching him take a lead and not being afraid to do things in front of people, especially his peers.

Anyways I love their Cougar pride. All the elementary schools (3), middle school and HS in our school district are all Cougars with burgundy and gold as their school colors. It really bring the schools and the community together. I think Jeremy and I are the only parents at the games that don't wear the school colors, a sweatshirt or jersey. Every one else always has something on to show their team spirit. I think we might need to do something about that. But we do have a little excuse for being newbies. Sort of.

5 comments:

MaKey and Poppa

Love the story of Cougar Pride! To be undefeated, WOW! What a great team! Love the scenery around the playing field too! You & Jeremy definitely need to do something about wearing colors to support your team! That surprises me that you're not! Cougar Pride! Proud of you George! Football Practice & Games a huge committment! We need to make it to one of your games! After all you are living here in Washington!

Staci Rocha

That is so cool! thanks for sharing!!

MaKey and Poppa

TOPONCE #25!!!! That's our boy!!!!

Jennifer

That's pretty awesome! I love how they teach the boys win or lose you're a champion! Great experiences make great kids! Way to go George!

Lindsay and Mike

Wow! That's an impressive record! And I love that chant! So awesome!