CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 30, 2010

We had a Holly Jolly Christmas...this year


We made our traditional c-mas sugar cookies on c-mas eve. A few for santa and the rest for us. Yum.




The kids woke up at 5:30 c-mas morning, well not George. And Jeremy sent them back to bed, such a mean dad. But they fell back to sleep and didn't wake up til 8:30. I can't believe they actually fell back to sleep. We thought for sure they'd be at our besides begging us to get up again at least by 6:30.

Santa left a Santa Sack this year. The gifts from him were in there unwrapped. It was the first thing they opened right after stockings of course.  This was new this year and I loved it. I think for next year I'm going to make each of them their own santa sack to leave for santa to put his gifts in. It's like a pillow case, but bigger. Wish I would have thought of this sooner. Santa's just to darn busy to wrap everything, so he gets to put them right in the sack. If you want to see some cute homemade ones, go to designdazzle.blogspot.com. I saw this idea after c-mas was over and had never heard of it before. The one sack this year was perfect for all 3 of them 'cause santa only left 1 gift each for them. So it could be done either way. I hope it will be one of those traditions my kids will want to carry on to their own families some day.












MJ got the pillow pet she asked for. A cute pink pig.
She was so cute watching her face as she opened all her gifts. She squealed with joy and excitement every time. I think she got everything she asked for and more.



Pulling out the boys' gifts from santa.



Airsoft shotguns.
No squeals from them, but they were excited none the less.



Jeter got a new chew toy.



The aftermath. It's the one time I actually enjoy having a messy house. For a little while anyways.

All the kids got money and gift cards from all the grandparents too. They love having money to go out and spend it on whatever they want.


MJ bought this butterfly chair from Justice, her favorite store, using practically all her money. She'd been wanting one for years so she didn't care that all her money was gone. It's always a hard decision to buy one big thing or lots of little things. The boys bought lots of little things so far with there money, like shoes and clothes and airsoft accessories.



These are a few of MJ's favorites c-mas presents. She colored the bag herself and is going to use it as a school bag.

The other day I went around and took a few pictures of some of my favorite new c-mas decorations.

 I got these pictures free from a blog so all I did was print them out and frame them, which I already had.


 I've had this embroidery done for a few years, but finally put it in a frame this year.


 I love my red and white tree. I added new red balls I got from Targets after c-mas clearance last year .


 My beautiful Willow Tree Nativity.  I still haven't found the perfect spot yet for it, each year it's in a new place.


 This c-mas subway art was a free download too. ( I love looking at crafty blogs and love that they share free ideas and downloads.)


 I made this countdown at super saturday this year.


 George brought home this poinsettia that he made at school. Isn't it cool?


We hung our stockings on our railing. I wish we had a fireplace, so for now they decorate our stairs along with the snowflake lights that we used to use on our house porch.

I hope everyone had a great christmas, we sure did. We went to see Harry Potter c-mas afternoon and loved it. We played lots of games the kids got that day like Apples to Apples, LCR, mad gabs and Kanoodle. Ate lots of yummy food. And the best part is just enjoying each others company and having fun together, being lazy and having Dad home with us all day.

Love to all.

5 comments:

Jennifer

So glad to hear that you had a wonderul christmas! I love all your cute decorations. Will you make some for me when I get a new house and have somewhere to put them? We missed having you here but are so glad that you had a wonderful time with your family!

MaKey and Poppa

So excited to see your Christmas pictures! I wish we could all be together for C'mas, but it is hard to do~not impossible tho'~you have such a talent for decorating! I am so impressed! Christmas traditions like our sugar cookies & nativity scenes & introducing new ideas are exciting to see our children carry them on into their own families!!!! JJ had her C'mas stockings the red & green ones with the can inside filled with goodies!!!! You Did Have A Holly Jolly Christmas...This Year!

Staci Rocha

I love seeing all your pictures! We did Santa bags this year too :) Great idea! I'm glad you had a HAPPY Christmas and soon a Happy New Year!

Lindsay and Mike

Looks like a great day! I love your Santa Sack idea. Santa always wrapped presents for Mike's family. But, in my family, Santa never wrapped presents. Everything was just already set up & ready to be played with. We have always debated which way was better. Maybe a Santa Sack would be a nice combination!

Jennifer

Every time I look at those cookies, I want to eat some. They look sooooo good, but I just don't need them, but I want them, but I don't need them....