CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sewing and a Snow Day

I started sewing yesterday and just couldn't stop.
Crazy me.
I'm so excited how far I got.

Went from this...
(had about 15 squares to finish)




To this...
laying all the finished squares out.
All 70 of them.






To sewing all the rows together....




To getting it done enough to lay on MJ's bed to see what it's going to look like...




The blue blanket is going to be on the back.
Soft and comfy.
The red gingham fabric and solid red chambray is from MJ's crib bedding.
I needed extra fabric to make it a twin size.
It adds so perfectly, color wise,
but also for sentimental reasons.



I can't stop looking at it, I love it so much and can't wait to get it completely done.


Snow Day....
School was cancelled due this beautiful stuff.
All 2 inches of it.




Makes for a great morning walk.

Last night Jeter and I walked in falling Dip-n-Dots.


3 comments:

MaKey and Poppa

Ohhhhhhhhh, the quilt is BEAUTIFUL! I wish I was as talented as you & especially in putting colors together~GOOD JOB! It looks so nice on Maryjane's bed! You are so gifted!!!! I knew you were going to have a SNOW DAY! It snows here and then the dark clouds move on & the sun shines & melts all the dip & dots, hail & snow & then it starts all over again~The big snow storm is suppose to be tonight! I hope it is one big winter blast & then I am ready for Spring! Love my talented daughter~YOU are such a great MOM!!!!

Jennifer

You are simply amazing! I attempted to do some sewing of jean squares for a future jean blanket yesterday too. I need to go buy a seam ripper!!! ;) It was fun though. Why not give it a try. I had to get out the book to learn how to thread the machine and the bobbin when it ran out of thread, but I did it! Surprise, surprise! Love your quilt. Keep going till it's all done!

Staci Rocha

Good job, it looks amazing!

We got more snow this morning too!

I love that you are posting more, you are very talented! Thanks for sharing!