The quilt class I'm taking now is being taught by a friends mom and we are learning how to make a sampler quilt, so we are learning a different technique for each block. It's proving to be as difficult as I thought. It's hard to be perfect and exact, but I'm trying. We are making 2 blocks every month, so these are my first 2 blocks. I'm having a blast learning a new hobbie.
Four Patch / Carrie Nation


3 comments:
What an art! Your quilt blocks look great! It was something I tried with Linda Fitch one time, but never kept it up. You should see the quilt shops they have here in Olympia and one of the best shops I have ever seen was out at Long Beach when dad and I were visiting the ocean shores! I would like to afford some of those fancy quilting machines and then have a sewing room just for that purpose! Good job well done keep it up! Maybe one day we could do a family quilt with family pictures! A friend that I have all the women in the family would work on a special quilt block during the year and then on one weekend they would meet at their summer cabin on one of the San Juan Islands and put the quilt together. Sounds like a great idea!
That is so awesome you're enjoying a new hobbie. LOOKS GOOD :)
Yay!!! They look great! I'll have to tell my mom to look at your blog...she will be so proud of you!!!
Post a Comment