MJ turned 5 on Mon. the 11th. I still can't believe it. They change so much over the years and the time just flies. She is so looking forward to kindergarten. I can't believe all 3 will be in school this year. At her 5 year Dr. appt. her eyes were 20/40, so I'm taking her to the doctor on Thr. to see what they say. She might need glasses. For the last year her eyes go cross eyed when she trys to focus on things close, so it's time to find out and see what's up. And I want to find out before school, so she doesn't have a hard time seeing the boards.
I attempted to make her princess/barbie cake. It turned out pretty good for being the first time working with fondant. She chose the bright colors instead of pastel. My sister helped put it together too while she was in town, so that was fun. I think it will be fun to do as a tradition for her and change it up every year. So many ideas. I'm not really a baker, I have to be in the right mood. But I knew I wanted to do this for her this year. If you're interested in recipe's and ideas for cakes and icing go to wilton.com. I made their recipe for buttercream icing for the cupcakes and it turned out great.
We love MJ. She is so fun and so naughty at the same time. I know I'm getting a taste of my own medicine. My mom always told me to just wait and I would have a daughter just like me. And I think that for sure has happened. So not sure how I'm going to survive, I need patience lessons. When does that come?
Happy 5th Birthday our cute, adorable and spoiled Maryjane.


3 comments:
WE LOVE MJ! She is growing up so fast.
Happy b-day MJ! Cute cake Alysa!!!
I seriously cannot believe she is 5! She is so cute! And I must say, that cake is so cute! I have wanted to use fondant...How fun!
Post a Comment