So these bows are made out of magazine pages cut into strips. Each piece is folded then put on top of eachother. Don't know what I'm going to do with them, but they sure are cute. MJ loves them in her room for decoration. But now I know how to make them at least.
This purse was fun too. Found the pattern last summer and have been sitting on it just waiting for the desire to make it. Way cute I must say. There are so many cute free purse/bag patterns out there, I think I'm going to have to keep trying them all, just because.
Then these slippers are from Martha Stewart and are made from felt. The hardest part was cutting out that darn leaf pattern.
My friend Robin made some for her daughter too.
Then the other night I saw a similar project, like the one i did below, on someones craft blog and just had to do it.
I made fabric yo-yo's, for the first time, and put them in a shadow box frame that was just sitting in my closet.
I love to sew and I love to quilt, but I've been having a hard time wanting to send my quilts out to have someone else quilt it everytime I make something. So, being inspired by the blogs I read I decided to buy my sewing machine a darning foot and try it myself.
Yay for projects. I love having fun things to do that keep my hands busy and I love trying new things.
Next up is a cute felt heart wreath to hang on my door for Valentines. The girls and I are getting together on Fri. to make them. You can see it on theidearoom.blogspot.com. I can't wait.


5 comments:
I'm always so impressed with your crafty skills! Thanks for sharing ;)
My mom would be so proud of you & all your quilting skills! Way to go girlie!!!
Those bows are so cool! Would you post a tutorial on how to make them, or is there a blog that has one?
I saw the "idea room lady" on Studio 5 last week making the felt hearth wreaths. They are so cool!
Those are all adorable projects that you completed. Way to go. I am so impressed by your crafty skills and patience to accomplish them.
Really love your projects...gotta show me what you are working on for Valentine's!
Post a Comment