CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 22, 2010

Project Life Scrapbook

Today I ordered 'Project Life'. It's a scrapbook kit that comes with tons of things to help journal and scrapbook your pictures for a whole year. I am so excited about it. I've never been a good scrapbooker, my kids don't even have baby books, but I want to be better. So I think this might be the solution. I started reading Becky Higgins blog a while back (http://www.beckyhiggins.com/). She used to work for a scrapbook magazine, can't remember which one, but she stopped and has started her own business. And it's to make it more fun and a lot easier and not so overwhelming, which happens to me whenever I begin to think about it. She has challenged for everyone to take a picture a day for the whole year and then journal about it. She did this challenge for the first time last year and she had great responses. But you can scrapbook weekly or monthly even too. It's what ever suits your wants and needs. So I'm taking on that challenge for fun and am taking a picture everyday. She talks all about it on her blog, so you have to go check it out. So I've been taking pictures since Jan. 1, but the kits haven't been available 'til today. They switched there shipping process over to Amazon.com and it took a few weeks for that process to all happen. I'm so excited to get it in the mail and start putting it all together.

So this is a picture from her blog that shows what comes in the kit. It's a lot of stuff. It's 49.99 and the shipping is free. I think that's a pretty dang good deal. There is a digital version also, but I want something tangible that I'm able to play with all year. Maybe next year I'll do the digital one. We'll see.


And this is what a page layout would look like (taken from her blog). Taking a picture a day, you get to be creative, random and silly with what really goes on through out the year, in your everyday life.


I'm hoping that once a week I'll get my pictures printed out from Costco and then get together with my friends that are doing this too and put them in the book. Sounds fun, huh? I ordered my kit this morning and it's already been shipped. Yay! So go check it out.

2 comments:

MaKey and Poppa

Sounds like fun! I want to copy my Blog in book form & do the Facebook Albums...How do I do that? Sounds like you will be really busy!

Lindsay and Mike

I have a friend who took a picture everyday last year. She had so much fun with it. Maybe someday, I'll do it...or at least attempt it.